SCP-610
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for SCP-610

+10
++Focus++
Dr. Heer
FusionPony
Hakkla
That one guy
Hyperiax
A Hideous Beast
BJFowLer
Steelpoint
Lotims
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestions for SCP-610

Post  Lotims Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:39 am

I would agree with the jump scares, but, SCP: CB has jump scares, while still following a canon path to the foundation and its articles. So I believe if the article is required of it, then maybe include them. We want to stay as closely related to the article as possible. Smile
Lotims
Lotims
Admin

http://www.lotimsproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  - Page 2 Empty Good Point

Post  BJFowLer Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:12 am

You have a point. We must stay canon no matter what.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

http://www.scp610game.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Steelpoint Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:47 am

Don't forget that the reason jump scares work in SCP:CB is because some of the SCP's ability's are essentially Jump Scares when you boil it down.

On the Shogun I wanted to emphasis that it is one of the more effective weapons to use against infected, but that doing so will put you at significant risk to infection if you do not take the needed precautions.
Steelpoint
Steelpoint

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  - Page 2 Empty Combating the infected

Post  BJFowLer Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:58 am

I wanted the infected to be very hard too damage in the later stages of the infection. So as a compromise, early stage infected can be killed in one shot but later stages need 2-4 to bring them down. Also you will start the game will the assault rifle but with less then half a clip; you will also start with the Breach Suit but it will be damaged not breached but damaged.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  That one guy Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:51 pm

What kind of Damage system are we going to see?
CoD style, 100%, or my personel favorite, The Containment Breach Style.
Or will it be Infection based?

That one guy

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  - Page 2 Empty Damage system

Post  BJFowLer Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:06 pm

IT will be like SCP:CB
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakkla Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:13 pm

Hello.

I've been reading this thread and whilst most ideas are good, I fear the game might put too much an emphasis on guns. I think ammo should be severely scarce.
Hakkla
Hakkla

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  - Page 2 Empty Guns/ammo

Post  BJFowLer Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:19 pm

That was already something i was about to bring up,Yes there will be guns in this game but they and ammo will be VERY limited, and while you are a MTF; compared to what your fighting you might as well be a D-Class.

Making a Gameplay Topic now.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FusionPony Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:41 pm

To add even more to the scarce ammo, What if the guns also had a possibility to malfunction, weapons malfunction all the time and usually there are different causes,
Each firearm is different so causes will vary.

The player will need to make sure their weapon if operational again or they can toss it or use another one.

Jump scares will be un needed if the player has a sense endangerment constantly

Long term Panic > Sudden Panic

In a sense I wouldn't consider SCP:CB much of a jump scare,
I think of games like Dead Space more like Jump scares.

Just my opinion

FusionPony

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  - Page 2 Empty Thanks

Post  BJFowLer Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Going to work on including that.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Hideous Beast Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:18 pm

Very Happy
A Hideous Beast
A Hideous Beast

https://www.facebook.com/ed.retana

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  - Page 2 Empty Good idea

Post  BJFowLer Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:19 pm

I really do like that idea and will do my best on getting that.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steelpoint Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:29 am

On the gun reliability issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every gun in the game, as well as having very limited ammo to draw from, can jam or in the worst case break apart. First I will delve into the states a gun can appear in.

Fully Functional (Green)
- This state indicates the gun is in a perfect state to use, it has most likely not seen any usage since it was produced or is kept very well maintained to a high standard. In this state the gun will never jam nor break apart, however it will quickly fall to the next stage after usage.

Standard (Yellow)
- This will be the most common state you will find a gun in. The gun won't Jam or break easily, but there is a small chance.

Sub Par (Dark Red)
- After continued use without proper maintenance the gun will fall to this stage, it starts to appear rugged and aged visually. Its chance of jamming increases a bit but it won't break easily. Also at this point the gun will start to become inaccurate.

Breaking Down (Red)
- This stage indicates the gun has been through a lot of punishment, or the user has failed to maintain the weapon. It constantly jams and has a ok chance of breaking down. At this point the gun cannot be repaired back past the Sub Par status, and you are better off finding a better weapon to use, if you can.

Broken (White)
- The weapon is non-functional, this is what happens when a gun breaks down. It is now a pile of junk better used as a club. Cannot be repaired at this point.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now how does a gun degrade in quality?
- Continued use: Every time the gun is fired or reloaded the gun slowly degrades in quality, pretty simple.
- Exposure to the elements: If the gun is not protected against a hostile environment, such as the Cold or dense pockets of Infection, it will start to heavily degrade and break the weapon down, unless the gun is designed to operate in this environment.
- Being hit/used as a melee weapon: If the weapon is used as a defense in melee weapon, or offensively, it will very quickly degrade the weapon to a Broken state. This does mean that the player could use the gun to block an attack in a crutch if an infected surprises him and attempts to swipe the player.

There are probley many other ways the gun can be damaged, but the above stated can be more common ways of it to occur.

Finally how to fix the weapons?

Repair Kits: Would be rare, and the better quality versions would be extraordinarily rarer, but using these will bring a bad quality gun up to a better standard. Though the kits have a limited use.

Maintenance: So long as the player takes care of their gun via maintenance it will last a lot longer, the player should start with a basic maintenance kit. Advantage is that it never runs out of usage. However it won't repair the gun, just ensure ti stays in good shape for longer.

Steelpoint
Steelpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  That one guy Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:46 pm

I'm kinda worried the game might put to LITTLE emphasis on your weapon.
I mean, unless you add a hiding a sneaking mechanic, putting to little ammo and making the gun BREAK is just unfair. This game will have a Hiding and Sneaking mechanic....Right?
And as for the ammo, I've played plenty of games where they give you just enough ammo to get by, and still have a horror atmosphere (ie. Silent Hill, 1916, Metro 2033, Dead Space)....I'm not saying give them enough ammo to take on Mecha Satan. This is still a horror game, not an FPS. Just...A few Magazines AT MOST.

That one guy

Back to top Go down

Post  A Hideous Beast Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:31 pm

That one guy wrote:I'm kinda worried the game might put to LITTLE emphasis on your weapon.
I mean, unless you add a hiding a sneaking mechanic, putting to little ammo and making the gun BREAK is just unfair. This game will have a Hiding and Sneaking mechanic....Right?
And as for the ammo, I've played plenty of games where they give you just enough ammo to get by, and still have a horror atmosphere (ie. Silent Hill, 1916, Metro 2033, Dead Space)....I'm not saying give them enough ammo to take on Mecha Satan. This is still a horror game, not an FPS. Just...A few Magazines AT MOST.
I agree with this, all those games do a pretty good job at balancing firearm use and attempting to run.
A Hideous Beast
A Hideous Beast

https://www.facebook.com/ed.retana

Back to top Go down

Post  BJFowLer Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 pm

Don't worry the main point of the game is too hide from and avoid the infected. The only reason we're focusing on guns right now is too make sure they are fully fleshed out and feel like they should. However you will not have much ammo and your are very outnumbered. Also how much ammo you have will manly depend on if your quick enough to find it before the infected sniff you out.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steelpoint Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:54 pm

I too agree that stealth should be emphasized over going in guns blazing. However as stated above I feel that Firearms, and melee, should not be neglected or made sub par.

I want players to willingly use stealth to avoid death and wasting precious ammo, not force bad game mechanics to make them use stealth. Combat should be viable at times but not preferred.
Steelpoint
Steelpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  BJFowLer Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:12 pm

Even then you would have to hail ass after firing a gun because any infected nearby would here it.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steelpoint Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:10 pm

Different guns, as well as ammo used and any attachments, will influence the amount of sound it produces when fired.

So if firing your standard Assault Rifle without any silencer you will produce a massive amount of noise, whereas using your Pistol with low velocity rounds and a silencer will produce almost no sound. Of course good luck finding both low velocity rounds and a silencer.

Another reason using melee is a better choice since that produces no noise.
Steelpoint
Steelpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  BJFowLer Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:16 pm

However since using melee can get infected blood and flesh on you and infected do not feel pain ( they also may be stronger then you) it's better to fight humans up close.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steelpoint Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Indeed.

The only time melee should seem like a good option is against humans and lower level infected, or if you have a really good BREACH suit/Gas Mask and Knife.
Steelpoint
Steelpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  BJFowLer Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:43 pm

And the risk with fighting with human should depend on who your fighting. A guard, Class-d or MTF.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  - Page 2 Empty Heer are some ideas

Post  Dr. Heer Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Sry, Heer comes a long post. Very Happy

Ok, i'll first like to say that of all the SCP games being made right now, this game has the most complex scope. From what I can tell, SCP-610 will need very in depth animation, lighting, level layout, and NPC A.I to pull off what it wants to accomplish.

That being said, i'll like to get into my ideas for the game. Many of these might have been discussed before, I know. I'll separate my ideas into three main groups. Game Progression. The Game-world. Gunz and other ideas.

1. Game Progression.
Heer i'll go through my thoughts of the game layout.

Area 1. (the outside) -mainly a prologue that sets the tone for the rest of the game.

Some sort of document reading or a education video will give the player the basics of SCP-610. This could be like some flash-back in which you, as an MTF, is shown a video describing SCP-610.
Player starts with his detachment on the top of a large bald hill. The infection has just started to breach its 'confinement' and you are stationed on the hill to watch for signs of the infection spreading further. Far away form your position is a recently infected village. During this time the player can observe (with horror) the infected in the village as they perform mysterious tasks. Some sort of frenzied activity is seen in the village and the infected ground around the village is observed to start to spread again. Father down the ranks of MTF soldiers, a group is attacked by infected that came from a different direction than the village. Infected start coming from the village to the hill. The detachment decides to route; and your squad travels with them. On the way to the APCs (armored personal carriers) the whole detachment gets cutoff and overrun within sight of the APCs. The APCs pull away. As the rest of the detachment gets overrun, routed, killed- you and your squad break free and within the day find the abandoned Site.

Area 2. (the abandoned Site) The 'meat' of the game... no pun intended

From the outside, the Site appears to be normal. Evidence of a rushed departure can be seen everywhere. Soon after venturing inside evidence is found pointing to a large infestation deeper into the site. The squad makes a decision to return to the surface and use the last truck in the Site to escape. This possibility is taken away when the squad finds the surface to be covered with infected. The infected start to come in from the surface and the player can decide to do actions that further hold of the invasion from the surface. The team moves further through the facility burdened by what they know is above them and by what they know is below them. They encounter infected of all sorts. Other survivors, others who couldn't leave like the rest of the site personal, are encountered. The D-Class personal found in D-Class holding center A (the containment quarters found to be closest to the surface), are all found to be executed by Foundation members. D-Class holding quarters B and C are found to be broken out of; or they are found to have the growth within them (taking all of the trapped Ds with them). SCPs in the higher levels are found to have been transported and are not found within their rooms. SCPs in the lower levels have not been relocated. The player's group finds out that the infection entered the Site via a tunnel that SCP-610 made. The player's group may do a lot of damage to the infection within the site, or not- going into the tunnel without causing much harm to the infectious presence within the Site. A sense of doom permeates the group. They know they are doomed. Venturing further is all they can do.

Area 3. (the cave system) Shit gets even more serious as the descent into hell is fulfilled

The player's group enters the cave system in which SCP-610 uses as its lair- it's personal hell. The squad sees the extent of the infection. Other groups my be encountered heer. Through calculated bravery, good decisions, and luck the MTF forces deal a large blow to SCP-610's base of operations........ or not...

Phew... ok ill start a new post for my later ideas. I don't want to lose all of this text.

Dr. Heer

Back to top Go down

Post  BJFowLer Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:35 pm

Some really nice idea's, However the prologue has already been written from the point of view of a Foundation guard However I will absolutely use some of these idea's in the game. I'm a one of the two Developers after all. Anyway in short the prologue will be a stand alone release detailing how the outbreack started from the point of view of a Foundation guard " Pm me if you want me to explain fully." And Main game will detail the story of the MTF Maz Hatters from the point of view of the squad tech/mechanic.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  - Page 2 Empty The Game-world

Post  Dr. Heer Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:43 pm

The Game-world

Ok. I'll begin to describe a rather complex idea that would be perfect for this game. However I am not sure if the Unity engine can handle what I am about to speak of. Neutral

Imagine Half-Life remade. Ok. Now imagine that the remade version makes a whole universe within itself. Imagine that the game world doesn't consider you as anything 'special' inside it. You are merely something moving inside it; it doesn't layout a presentation according to what you do. Half-life uses Chaos theory as one of its main motifs. It gives you a feeling of a underground base falling into chaos. However, this is all an illusion. There are scripted elements in the game. Now, imagine that every time you start a new game in this new version, you notice everything to be a little different. In the creation of a new game, small differences are put in. Now in accordance with Chaos Theory and the butterfly effect, things are different every time.

Ok. Ok. Ok.

Doing something that heavily ingrains Chaos into SCP-610 will be impossible; but heer are some ideas taking the above in mind.

1. A semi-generated map every game. Small changes in item placement, starting infection, hallways, and room placement. The basic idea of the map is the same every game however.
2. The game-world doesn't look at you as something special in the game-world. This means that a great experience within the game will have to come from a SOLID beginning format.

3. SCP-610's A.I.
The article in which this game is based on describes a very complex organism. Enemies in this game shouldn't be just things that shamble toward you and slime that just sits there. SCP-610 should be a truly living breathing hive-mind-like being. Not just something that gives it the illusion of that.

Dr. Heer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum