SCP-610
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce Yourself

+10
mrpeanut188
Maria Carlos
MonocleBios
Mackenzie
SCP-513
BJFowLer
Steelpoint
NekoChris
Lotims
JJF
14 posters

Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Introduce Yourself

Post  JJF Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:19 am

MonocleBios wrote:Well, the merger didn't work exactly as I intended, but I guess this will have to do as the OP for now.

Welcome to the introduction thread!
Feel free to introduce yourselves and have a grand ol' time meeting the rest of the community here.
Hello, JJF here, and, I just thought of something for the game. First off, in a game such as this, story will be important. So, I think that you can find cassettes and notes, note, you can read, and cassettes, you play in player you find around the map. Here is an idea for a note, written by a young kid, just after his parents became infected, and before they turned. Bear in mind that the spelling errors are intentional, as, it is a child writing the note.

"I don't know what is happening. My mommy and daddy got really sick, and need to stay home. It looks really gross, mommy's arm is really red and daddy's head is also red. Other adualts got sick too, and I think that they wont get better. Some of them have got mean and tried to scare me, and-" *blood makes the rest of the note unreadable*

It may not be my best work, but, it is a WIP idea.

-JJF

EDIT: 
I should have written this post in the first place, and I guess I just wanted some of my ideas to get out of my head. Well, I am a writer, and am writing a book. I have many ideas for this game, and hope to hear from you guys soon.

Last edited by MonocleBios on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:34 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : OP Quote)

JJF

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Re: Introduce Yourself

Post  Lotims Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:49 am

Welcome to the forum Smile
There are plenty of topics for ideas on here. If you have an idea for a portion of the game that there is no topic for, then just create one.
Or post them here.
Out of curiosity, what book are you writing?

EDIT:
That would be a great way for the player to find out the history of the area they are currently in. There could be recordings, and several notes. I like the note idea of the little kid note as well.
Nice! We might just implement it Very Happy

Last edited by MonocleBios on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Topic Merge)
Lotims
Lotims
Admin

http://www.lotimsproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JJF Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Lotims wrote:Out of curiosity, what book are you writing?

Well, it is about the Fear mythos, involving people running from Fears, which are manifestations of one of humanity's fears. If you have every heard of Slenderman, The Rake, or the Plauge Doctor (not 049) , all of those are Fears, and below are links to a place where you can get more info on them. So, a Horror book.

Slenderman

The Rake

Not 049

JJF

Back to top Go down

Post  Lotims Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:45 am

JJF wrote:
Lotims wrote:Out of curiosity, what book are you writing?

Well, it is about the Fear mythos, involving people running from Fears, which are manifestations of one of humanity's fears. If you have every heard of Slenderman, The Rake, or the Plauge Doctor (not 049) , all of those are Fears, and below are links to a place where you can get more info on them. So, a Horror book.

Slenderman

The Rake

Not 049
I read up on most of those, that is awesome. When do you think you'll be done writing this book?
Lotims
Lotims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JJF Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:52 pm

Not until at least June, and that is for my first draft. When I am done, I will let you guys know. BTW, it is called "Do you Fear us?"

JJF

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Hello and Thank You For Having Me

Post  NekoChris Sat May 11, 2013 10:28 am

I really don't know if this is the proper protocol for posting. Lotims contacted me through the SCP Forums and I was actually paying attention so here I am.

I can't even begin to say how flattering it is that so many people love my writing to such a degree as to want to see and play a game based off of it and I will do my absolute best to provide any and all materials, insights, and ramblings about the scenario 610 represents to help you reach a satisfyingly horrifying conclusion.

I haven't read everything posted here yet but I intend to, in the meantime I guess I can squat this little piece of real estate as the fastest way to say something to me and get an answer back.

Last edited by MonocleBios on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Topic Merge)
NekoChris
NekoChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Lotims Sun May 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Thank you for being here. It will definitely help with all of our Concept Artists, Modelers, Writers, and all of our Developers to have you here.
Everyone will be very pleased to know you are here to help! Very Happy
Lotims
Lotims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NekoChris Mon May 13, 2013 10:25 am

I suppose the first thing is does anyone have anything that I can help with? Questions, idea hammer, mint juleps?
NekoChris
NekoChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Steelpoint Mon May 13, 2013 12:17 pm

Fantastic! Of course the absolute best thing about having the author on board is that no one will know more about SCP-610 then the creator.

To give a quick help on where to start reading on this forum here a few links to some relevant pages.

610 Monster Ideas - A nice thread on all the monster ideas created.

Suggestions - Whole bunch of general suggestions, ranging from firearms to NPC's and the like.
Steelpoint
Steelpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  BJFowLer Mon May 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Also any issues with major canon please inform us of, any changes to the infected, story ideas, ext.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

http://www.scp610game.com/

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Radical Ghost's Visit.

Post  SCP-513 Thu May 16, 2013 12:47 pm

Hello. I am that one SCP 513 from the SCP:CB forums. Nice to meet you all.

Maybe need some helping hands over SCP-610 Game? Tell me if you need help.

Regards, SCP 513.
SCP-513
SCP-513

Back to top Go down

Post  BJFowLer Thu May 16, 2013 1:58 pm

Thank you for coming ghost and welcome. Please feel free to join in on various talks around the forums.

-BJFowLer
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackenzie Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Hello 513! Have you brought that cowbell with you?
Mackenzie
Mackenzie

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Introduce Yourself

Post  MonocleBios Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Hey everyone, I'm MonocleBios (Jesse Ludtke if you wish given that aliases are weird) and I'm your resident programmer, lurker, moderator-thing... I'm currently going to university for a computer science major, and I think that's pretty neat... 

Coincidentally I'm really bad at introductions, so yea.
MonocleBios
MonocleBios

Back to top Go down

Post  Maria Carlos Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:50 am

Alright, this seems like a good place to start out.
Hey everyone. I'm Maria(or Skinless Beast as my Steam name implies) and I'm one of the modelers, and moderators here at the forums. I'm usually pretty active. I'm usually pretty friendly, so feel free to ask me questions if you have any!
That's pretty much it.
Maria Carlos
Maria Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post  mrpeanut188 Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:57 pm

My name is Lucas Fisher, I'm a coder/modeller/gamer hybrid.
I've been playing guitar for the last year and a half, I wanted Rocksmith so my brother game me his guitar he didn't use.
First night I had it when I tuned it some strings broke, it had been about 4 years since he changed the strings! Now it's used daily,
sometimes on Rocksmith sometimes not. I am a fan of another horror game named Cry of Fear, which I map for.

Oh, and another thing about me is I tend to over-schedule myself, but I try to finish things, even if I have to come back.

[Edit]
How many mods do you have now? And with the max users on at one time ever being 12...
mrpeanut188
mrpeanut188

Back to top Go down

Post  MonocleBios Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:09 pm

mrpeanut188 wrote:How many mods do you have now? And with the max users on at one time ever being 12...
2 mods, Maria and myself.

Gage said that he's unlikely to be lurking for a while, but yea, the forum doesn't really need 3 active users with moderation privileges at this point. I guess it can't hurt to get this sorted out early though, given that awkward discussions happen when a community is already established and moderators are appointed.
MonocleBios
MonocleBios

Back to top Go down

Post  Serimah Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:36 am

Well, I'm around too! Woo, go me for losing the URL in the first place  lol!
Serimah
Serimah

Back to top Go down

Post  Lotims Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Hello All. Before I introduce myself I believe I should mention that I have been gone for a very long period of time due to the work on the game and some other projects of mine, but now I will be reoccurring more often with updates and some transformations to the site. 

I would also like to thank MonocleBios for starting a thread like this, great idea. 

Now for the introduction: 
My name is Gage. I am the co-developer of the game as well as Administrator of the forums alongside Fowler who is also co-developer. We founded the gaming company known as Open Flower Studios. This will be our first game under that name. 
I am a filmmaker who works full time on major projects with Independent Films, short films, commercial work, and promotional work. I also work with indie gaming companies in creating trailers/scene work for their games. (Ex: Trailers for SCP Containment Breach)
I have nine years experience in the film industry and have a couple years experience in designing for indie video game projects.

We hope you will enjoy SCP-610 as much as we are enjoying making it. It will be one hell of a horror blast. 

Thank you all for sticking around even when things were inactive Smile 

-Gage/Lotims
Lotims
Lotims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty A Little Confusion.

Post  Agato - The Hadou Inari Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:26 pm

Made one already but did not realize this was the proper place for Introductions. I'll say it again then to correct my mistake, I'm Agato, master of the Hadou style of fighting and the living Inari (Fox God).

Salutations.  afro 
Agato - The Hadou Inari
Agato - The Hadou Inari

Back to top Go down

Post  BJFowLer Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:01 am

Welcome Agato, I'm the Head Developer of the game, BJFowLer. I'm happy to see another user join our forums and look forward to seeing what you have to offer, nice to meet you. If you have anything questions or worries about the game please to not hesitate to make in topic -in the appropriate area of course- or PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Agato - The Hadou Inari Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:37 pm

BJFowLer wrote:Welcome Agato, I'm the Head Developer of the game, BJFowLer. I'm happy to see another user join our forums and look forward to seeing what you have to offer, nice to meet you. If you have anything questions or worries about the game please to not hesitate to make in topic -in the appropriate area of course- or PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Much appreciated BJFowler.  Smile  Cannot wait to see how this turns out, this SCP in specific caught my interest due to the nature of the virus part of it plus upon the file of it I'm wondering what the center pillar of the infected is.
Agato - The Hadou Inari
Agato - The Hadou Inari

Back to top Go down

Post  Ev328 Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Hey guys. I'm Evan, but people just call me Ev. I love video games, especially indie ones like this. In terms of talents, I am a musician who plays guitar, viola, and some piano. I would love to contribute some sound effects and music towards the game. I also do art, but I'm a bad artist, so I probably won't contribute that much art. I have filmed and produced videos in the past, so if you need any help in terms of trailers or teasers or whatever, I'm here for you. In the mean time, I am really excited to be a part of this production, and if anyone has any questions or requests, I would be happy to do what I can. That is all.
Ev328
Ev328

Back to top Go down

Post  AcidicVulture Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:22 pm

Hey everyone. Some people here my now me as Optimal on the main site and the CB forums, and AcidVulture from Reddit. I am a big fan of (almost) everything in the SCP universe, and a real big fan of this production of a 610 game. Smile

Just like mrpeanut, I have also been playing the guitar for little over a two years now, and have just started trying to write my own songs, and even form a band. I am a big rock and metal fan, but I am also a fan of many other genres of music as well (like Reggae, Classical, Electronic, Classic Country, Hip Hop, Funk, Jazz, etc.)

I don't have a whole lot of accomplishments in the SCP universe to my name (such as successfully posting an SCP or a Tale myself), but I am currently working on a small project of my own; I am currently creating a Pokemon FireRed hack that combines the Pokemon format with the eeriness of the SCP universe. I'm excited to see some news on this project soon and will be watching all of the forums closely.

bounce <== Whatever this means.
AcidicVulture
AcidicVulture

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackenzie Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:34 pm

hello,my name is Mackenzie and i am here to shout at you all for stupid reasons. i hope this game is as good as the ideas we all have come up with.
Mackenzie
Mackenzie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum