Room Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Room Ideas

Post  Vechx on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Considering I have a couple of ideas regarding a medical section, I thought I'd just create a general thread. Feel free to brainstorm and offer ideas. I'll try to replicate it and offer a physical presentation of it.

Medical Branch: Generally a heavily infected zone with signs of a previous conflict. Parts of the upper floor are dilapidated and have collapsed, blocking sections of the hallway as a result. Several doors have been pried open while others have been destroyed. Additionally, the section is not a lit location.

Moreover, there could be before and after scenarios of the patient rooms, etc.

One last thing, if anything seems awkward about the post, I apologize. I'm rather tired.
Vechx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nice Ideas !

Post  BJFowLer on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:23 pm

I really like your ideas Vechx, I love the Medical Branch. Maybe it could be an area that had supplies to heal yourself, yet it is heavily dangerous. It could be a very High Risk - High Reward choice for the player to make. A heavily injured players could have a choice but to venture there to seek supplies or the ignore it and hope they can survive or find supplies elsewhere. 

Anyway thanks for the ideas man. They are really helpful.
BJFowLer
Admin

View user profile http://www.scp610game.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Room Ideas

Post  mrpeanut188 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:42 am

Another idea is an ammunitions depot/silo. I assume that you have familiarity with guns BJ, Are you doing a 'Comical' or 'Realistic' style with ammo? Instead of 'Pistol ammo' you could have a 9mm ammo box, and HAVE to carry a 9mm. You could find a .45 but only 9mm ammo, things like that. Ammo may be plentiful, but a vessel for them could be rare.
mrpeanut188

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Night Shadows on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:02 am

I like that idea.Reminds me of past games I played where you find ammo but you can't find a gun for it.
Night Shadows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BJFowLer on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:13 am

Hello Mr.Peanut, The ammo system is pretty much what you have described. However, ammo it's self is quite rare. Since the game does start roughly in the middle of the infection and most of it takes place after the base has been overrun, the ammo supplies are more or less used up. Most of the ammo you find will be in the half empty magazines of fallen guards and mobile task force, and even then it's mostly small arms ammo. So it's more like there's guns here and there but, there's no use picking one up unless it already has ammo in the magazine.
BJFowLer
Admin

View user profile http://www.scp610game.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Villdyret on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:14 pm

A survivors outpost, where there is a lull in tension, and you think its over, but of course gets overrun. returning later after escaping shows its been converted by infected.

A secret ancient ruin or crater, where the infection originated, with a rare gun like the almighty flamethrower, and a little ammo, but loads of infected, perhaps patient zero could be a special infected there, like a boss to fight?

a lake and boat- a misty area, and you can ride the boat, but its slow, and there are aquatic infected maybe?

Civilian homes, ruined but creepy, traumatised durvivors, and civilians who will become infected that you have to choose whether to kill or leave to suffer. ( maybe if there is a cure, it could be a limited thing, so you have to chose selfish survival or selfless healing of others).

A bunker (classic dungeon kinda layout-linear with reward at end). Maybe not part of main story, but optional. How freeform will this be? Dark and claustraphobic, perhaps at the end could be weapon cache, or upgraded armour (which might slow you down and be equally limited against infection, but stronger defense against firearms and melee infected attacks).

A howitzer. Can destroy one area entirely? (part of main quest maybe) surrounded by craters and landmines.
Villdyret

View user profile https://villdyret.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum