The weapons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The weapons

Post  Mackenzie on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:08 am

I was thinking at the start of the game you could have a pistol with low ammo,to allow you to survive the start,then you would have to find other weapons such as melee or other guns or even the environment!
Tell me your ideas below
Mackenzie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The weapons

Post  Lotims on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:01 pm

I like it. We are going to have the character start with a pistol, at least that is what we have planned. We are currently debating whether the player should or shouldn't have a weapon though. Because having a weapon, even if it has an empty clip, gives the player a feeling of more power, more control. We don't want that, we want the player to feel helpless and squirm in hopeless faith that he might just survive that 30 infected that are crawling from the vents to rip his limbs apart. We want the player to tremble in utter fear. That is an idea anyways haha.
Lotims
Admin

View user profile http://www.lotimsproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackenzie on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:46 am

Maybe the pistol could be a couple rooms away and there could be a small amount of infected blocking the way so u have to sneak past or fight hand to hand
Mackenzie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lotims on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:34 am

I like that idea! Smile
Lotims
Admin

View user profile http://www.lotimsproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Villdyret on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Lots of improvising based on the environment and searching for weapons out of anything you can find.
I think it's realistic, you would search for anything you could find to try and save yourself in that situation.
But I agree half decent ammo should be hard to find, and the weapons harder. It's survival horror, not cod.
Villdyret

View user profile https://villdyret.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonsaber on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:05 pm

How about a machete type sword or an axe for a last resort weapon? But these weapons would have to be terrible and dangerous to use. That way we even if the player loses all of their ammo they could still defend themselves but still feel somewhat powerless.
Moonsaber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Night Shadows on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:20 pm

Hm,they said it's near Alpha so what's going to be done is somewhat done,but perhaps something like a pistol with no ammo after you first get there,you encounter them and lose the ammo you had,so your down to using a combat knife[against practically dangerous creatures so a combat knife is more like a butter knife cutting a piece of meat]
Night Shadows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Agato - The Hadou Inari on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:19 am

Flame weaponry? Though I did read on the info regarding the SCP that they seem to be attracted to heat so I don't know how far that would go.

Ways to create custom weapons in the game perhaps?
Agato - The Hadou Inari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ++Focus++ on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:03 pm

How about you start off with an iron pipe or a wooden stick, hell even a mop? I know it won't make much sense but it can be used as a realistic weapon. It won't do hardly any damage, but probably stun it where you can get by.

++Focus++

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenneth Crooker on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:40 pm

Lotims wrote:I like it. We are going to have the character start with a pistol, at least that is what we have planned. We are currently debating whether the player should or shouldn't have a weapon though. Because having a weapon, even if it has an empty clip, gives the player a feeling of more power, more control. We don't want that, we want the player to feel helpless and squirm in hopeless faith that he might just survive that 30 infected that are crawling from the vents to rip his limbs apart. We want the player to tremble in utter fear. That is an idea anyways haha.

Could the player at least have a knife or something? That would work fine.
Kenneth Crooker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SlamHelsing on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:30 pm

While I agree that the player not having a weapon would add to the fear factor, and I would agree with you most of the time, I doubt that an MTF member would lose both his fire arms and his knife. Perhaps the player starts with an ammo-less pistol and a knife. Near the players starting position could be a dead MTF member with one ammo clip for the pistol, but some infected are in the area. Also the MTF member could have some sort of meaty growth on part of his body.
SlamHelsing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackenzie on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:02 pm

so u risk getting infected for an easier start?
Mackenzie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum