SCP-610
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for SCP-610

+10
++Focus++
Dr. Heer
FusionPony
Hakkla
That one guy
Hyperiax
A Hideous Beast
BJFowLer
Steelpoint
Lotims
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  Empty Suggestions for SCP-610

Post  Lotims Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:09 am

Any suggestions following what you would like you to see involved in the game based off of SCP-610.
If any are not sure of what SCP-610 is or consist of, take a look here: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-610
Please discuss below...
Lotims
Lotims
Admin

http://www.lotimsproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  Empty Re: Suggestions for SCP-610

Post  Steelpoint Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:29 am

First post, yay.

On topic I would say that, until we know more about the game, that an "Infection" system be added, which I am sure is being added anyway.

My idea on how it will work is that close proximity to an infected will give a chance of the player being infected, the closer you are and the more deadly/advance the entity is the greater the chances of infection. Also being bit/scratched will give a flat out chance of infection, say a Bite will give a 90% of infection while a scratch gives a 25%.

To combat infection the player has a few options.

1. Wearing a Gas Mask: Keeping your Standard Issue Steelpoint IndustriesTM MTF Gas Mask on will provide either complete or partial protection from airborne infection, so long as the filters are kept clean and undamaged.

2. Inject Anti-Virus: While this might be a significant point of debate, if a "cure" of sorts is added it allows you to cure yourself of an infection, the cost being that it is extremely rare to find and that other people will want it.

3. Use Fire: During the Black Plague fire proved to be an extremely effective way of warding away the infection, even if the people of the time did not know that. If the player is near a fire source than any airborne infection is destroyed, and any entity killed with fire will be safe to approach unprotected. This also allows the user to use a portable fire source to move around but risks greater chances of detection, so this would only be effective in an infected home/area.
Steelpoint
Steelpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  Lotims Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:00 pm

Steelpoint wrote:First post, yay.

On topic I would say that, until we know more about the game, that an "Infection" system be added, which I am sure is being added anyway.

My idea on how it will work is that close proximity to an infected will give a chance of the player being infected, the closer you are and the more deadly/advance the entity is the greater the chances of infection. Also being bit/scratched will give a flat out chance of infection, say a Bite will give a 90% of infection while a scratch gives a 25%.

To combat infection the player has a few options.

1. Wearing a Gas Mask: Keeping your Standard Issue Steelpoint IndustriesTM MTF Gas Mask on will provide either complete or partial protection from airborne infection, so long as the filters are kept clean and undamaged.

2. Inject Anti-Virus: While this might be a significant point of debate, if a "cure" of sorts is added it allows you to cure yourself of an infection, the cost being that it is extremely rare to find and that other people will want it.

3. Use Fire: During the Black Plague fire proved to be an extremely effective way of warding away the infection, even if the people of the time did not know that. If the player is near a fire source than any airborne infection is destroyed, and any entity killed with fire will be safe to approach unprotected. This also allows the user to use a portable fire source to move around but risks greater chances of detection, so this would only be effective in an infected home/area.
Nice ideas! I like them a lot.
We are planning on adding an infection system. The percentages though were an awesome idea Smile
Gas mask was also being planned, but I like the idea of having it only have partial protection. It would be REALLY cool to implement the ability to have to change filters from being damaged or unclean, that would be a really interesting mechanic to add to the game.
For the anti-virus, I think it could definitely work. As long as it was extremely rare like you said. Maybe have a possibility of adding an antidote that does not cure it completely even. That way when the player gets infected, and the antidote is injected, it holds off the virus for only a period of time. It can become a survival deal.
We have gotten several suggestions of adding fire as a mechanic, which definitely is something that would enhance the game by far!
Flamethrowers have been suggested as well haha Smile
I like the idea of having the fire be an atmospheric survival game mechanic.
Thanks for the suggestions! I like all of them! Very Happy
We will most likely use a lot of these.
Thanks again! Smile

Anymore suggestions anyone?
Lotims
Lotims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  Empty Good ideas

Post  BJFowLer Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:55 am

I like your ideas Steelpoint,but i can not add a cure for the infection.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

http://www.scp610game.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lotims Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:04 am

BJFowLer wrote:I like your ideas Steelpoint,but i can not add a cure for the infection.
I think an antidote that can hold off the virus for a temporary time could be an interesting game mechanic. Instead of a complete cure...
Although, if they get infected instantly, it would make the game extremely hard for players. I guess it just depends on the way it is used, if used.
Lotims
Lotims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  Empty Cure

Post  BJFowLer Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:13 am

I mean canon wise it will be hard to get in. It said there was no way for the infected to be studied in the a scp site. If I can ok with the writer i'll add it. I'm just trying to stay as canon as possible with this game but if i have to i'll make up my own back story and add it like that.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lotims Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:16 am

BJFowLer wrote:I mean canon wise it will be hard to get in. It said there was no way for the infected to be studied in the a scp site. If I can ok with the writer i'll add it. I'm just trying to stay as canon as possible with this game but if i have to i'll make up my own back story and add it like that.
Ah.. I see you point now. I agree then. No cure or any of the sorts unless confirmed with the author/author's of SCP-610.
Lotims
Lotims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  Empty Cure

Post  BJFowLer Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:18 am

So we need to get into contact with them and check otherwise the game will be very hard without it. Though that could be a good thing.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Hideous Beast Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:19 am

Just a few ideas on the MTF:For the MTF:

Armor: Since the Foundation has dealt with 610 before, the Foundation should provide the MTF with Breach proof armor. Armor that could possibly be plated with some sort of material meant to take blunt force and resist cutting. BUT! To make it so that the MTF still CAN be infected, certain areas won't be so well protected, such as the back of the knees, the top part of the thighs, the neck, wrists, and the shoulders, basically any part of the Human body that would have a hard time moving if protected.

Gas Masks: Since this is a horror game, I was thinking of giving the Gas Masks a slight creepy look. I was thinking that instead of MTFs having Flashlights they could have some sort of mini flash lights built into the lens of the Gaskmasks, effectively making the eye ports give off a glow, This could eliminate having to make eyes for each member, and, if in a pitch black room, could give an eerie feel when you see a the lights from a Dead MTF's mask coming from the floor. (Could also be incorporated with monster ideas, will get on that later.) and if there is fog or snow or dust in the area you could see the beams of light become clouded, it would give the Gas Masks a ghostly look to them.

Squads: I'm looking into the game Star Wars: Republic Commando (A fucking awesome game that all should play.) Perhaps a squad could be made of 4 men (Or women, dunno if the MTF allow women.) and the player could give them different orders, examples of what kinds of roles squad members could specialize in:

Flame unit: Nicknames the player character or others could call these guys "Flamez, Flame Hatterz, Flamer, Boilz, Pyro."

Purpose: All out Offensive, but can be useful for holding ground.

Weapons: Heavy duty Flame-thrower, long range, very powerful, deadly to infected beings, can sustain fire for a long time before re-fueling.

Combat Knife: Foot long blade designed to cut through flesh and bone.

Appearance: Very bulky plated armor, colors could consists of Dark Reds, or maybe it could be striped like a Caution sign thing (Black and Yellow) Could have an image of a Tea pot at boiling point on the back or on the sides of the Helmet.

Pros: His/her flamethrower DESTROYS infected beings, he can take a lot of ranged damage (assuming some enemies in game will attack at range.) and has a strong melee.

Cons: He is very slow, and a very large target, and even though he has a strong melee attack if he is attacked by more then 3 infected at close range he's going to be in trouble, so his squad-mates will have to keep him covered.

Engineer unit: Techy, Egg-head, 4 eyes,

Purpose: To fix damaged objects such as doors (Perhaps, since the map will be randomly generated, you could have broken automatic doors, that Egg-heads (Or the player, but would take a longer time for them.) could fix up, allowing passage through other areas, maybe even bypassing areas with infected.) Elevators, fuze boxes, computers (Can also hack into them if the player doesn't have the proper clearance.)

Weapons: Short to medium range Semi-auto Shotgun/ Short range Pump-action shot gun, and Combat knife.

Appearance: Medium grade plate armor, colors are much like those of the MTF in Containment Breach. has a set of magnifying goggles on his/her Helmet.

Pros: A must have when something needs repairs, or when attempting to hack something. Equipped with a Shotgun in case enemies attempt to stop him from working.

Cons: If caught out in the open ranged enemies will have a field day with this guy, and he must be covered when performing actions.

Medic: Doc, Mad Doctor, Healz.

Purpose: Can provide medical aid and even counter-measures to infection to player and squad-mates. (Perhaps make him/her rare?)

Appearance: Light Plate armor, large Back-pack, has one magnifying goggle above his/her right eye, colors consist of White and Red, Has a Red Cross inside the Foundation symbol on the backpack and Helmet.

Weapons: Not sure here, was thinking either a form of Shotgun, or an SMG. Combat knife.

Pros: Can patch up Player and Team-mates and even provide countermeasures for infection.

Cons: Rare to find, light armor means he/she goes down easy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are just a few ideas, I'll continue tomorrow.

A Hideous Beast
A Hideous Beast

https://www.facebook.com/ed.retana

Back to top Go down

Post  Lotims Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:27 am

BJFowLer wrote:So we need to get into contact with them and check otherwise the game will be very hard without it. Though that could be a good thing.
Sounds like a plan.

A Hideous Beast wrote:Long text
Woa, those are awesome. I like a lot of them! The gas mask with glowing eyes would look freaking awesome Smile
I look forward to seeing the rest. Good job!
Very Happy
Lotims
Lotims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Hideous Beast Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:31 am

Lotims wrote:
BJFowLer wrote:So we need to get into contact with them and check otherwise the game will be very hard without it. Though that could be a good thing.
Sounds like a plan.

A Hideous Beast wrote:Long text
Woa, those are awesome. I like a lot of them! The gas mask with glowing eyes would look freaking awesome Smile
I look forward to seeing the rest. Good job!
Very Happy
I love the way you quoted me :3
A Hideous Beast
A Hideous Beast

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  Empty Good Ideas

Post  BJFowLer Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:35 am

I like your ideas but i'm not sure about making the player the leader of the team. I was going to make him the unlikely survivor like the technician or medic. With the only reason they made it this far is their well rounded skills. But your idea with the armor is good and i love your gas mask idea. Smile
I also like the nicknames. I was going to have most of the team killed though, but i'll think about it.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lotims Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:39 am

A Hideous Beast wrote:I love the way you quoted me :3
Haha, 'tis what I do best Smile
Lotims
Lotims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Hideous Beast Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:40 am

BJFowLer wrote:I like your ideas but i'm not sure about making the player the leader of the team. I was going to make him the unlikely survivor like the technician or medic. With the only reason they made it this far is their well rounded skills. But your idea with the armor is good and i love your gas mask idea. Smile
I also like the nicknames. I was going to have most of the team killed though, but i'll think about it.
What I had assumed is that it would play like "The Thing" Video game, where Squad mates could, and would, die. But, you can find survivors and have them come along with you, though, it would be rare to find them, and even then you may have to deal with them if they have gone insane or are infected.
A Hideous Beast
A Hideous Beast

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  Empty GamePlay

Post  BJFowLer Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:45 am

No I hope to keep away from that I do like the thing but this will be different. More about hiding and survival but there will be a cold system and you will have some squadmates with you at some points.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Hideous Beast Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:48 am

BJFowLer wrote:No I hope to keep away from that I do like the thing but this will be different. More about hiding and survival but there will be a cold system and you will have some squadmates with you at some points.
Hmm, well, Guess I'll get to revising then, I think I'll try brainstorming ideas for infected.
A Hideous Beast
A Hideous Beast

Back to top Go down

Post  BJFowLer Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:49 am

I'll make a topic for that now.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lotims Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:59 am

Awesome!
Any other suggestions continue below
Lotims
Lotims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steelpoint Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:54 am

Off note I should fix up my avatar. Anyway onto suggestions.

On a quick note I will say that there should be a "Permadeath" option prior to starting the game, so that you cannot save unless you are leaving the game. SCP:CB does this to an extent with the Keter setting and I feel a permadeath option increases the tension significantly more since your choices are final.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MTF suit is a good idea but I wish to expand on that a bit.

Wearing the Breach Suit will hold the following benefits and disadvantages.
+ Significantly decreases infection chance, couple with a Gas Mask you will be hard pressed to be infected by most sources.
+ Provides good protection from attacks such as bites and scratches, allowing you to avoid infection from a bite.
+ Gives you more room to carry things, due to pouches and the like.
+ May provide a HUD, giving you basic information such as infection density for example. (Debatable).
- Bulky, wearing this will slow you down a lot.
- Makes a lot of noise when moving, makes sneaking around much harder.
- Slower turn rate, makes reacting to sudden attacks harder.
- If the suit is breached than the Infection Protection is a moot point.

Choosing to wear something that is not the Breach suit will do this.
+ Make you far more quite when moving, depending on what you are wearing.
+ A lot faster at moving.
+ Can blend into the environment easier. Stealth becomes a viable option.
- Extremely vulnerable to infection and attacks. Again depending on your clothing choice.
- Can't carry as much as the Breach Suit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weapon list. My personal view on weapons ingame.

PISTOL
Stranded issue sidearm to MTF soldiers, the pistol is a light and versatile weapon of choice. Weighing very little and having a magazine size of X rounds (I say between 7 to 15) as well as being the most silent firearm when firing without a silencer attached. Despite this it is the most ineffective weapon to use against the infected due to the low penetration and damage intentional, though useful against the smaller buggers, and unarmed humans.

+ Weigh's very little.
+ Least noisy weapon without a silencer , can attach a Silencer for the most silent weapon in the game.
+ Easiest ammo to find.
- Ineffective against most infected and armored humans.

SHOTGUN
A devastating close range weapon, if you want to destroy the upper portion of an infected accept no substitute. Holds up to 8 rounds and is the most powerful close range weapon in the game, capable of killing most infected and humans at close range in a single shot. However it's damage potential dramatically drops off at range very fast making it only useful when you are in near melee range, also being in close range puts the user at risk to infection.

+ Most powerful close range weapon useable, can one shot most infected and humans.
+ Guarantee an infected won't stand back up, not when its torso is strew across 20 meters of land.
+ Can hit multiple targets at once.
- Useless at any range that is not face to face.
- One of the loudest weapons ingame, avoid using in a populated area.
- The range put's the user in extreme risk of infection.
- Slow rate of fire.

SUB MACHINEGUN
For those wanting an effective close range weapon but wanting to avoid being within infection range, a sub machinegun is the best choice. Boasting the on average highest ammo capacity of any weapon. Also the lightest weapon to use behind the Pistol. Disadvantage being that it does only slightly more damage than the pistol and that you can burn through ammo quickly.

+ Fast Fire rate.
+ Useful at Close to Medium range, giving good versatility.
+ Can share ammo with the pistol.
+ Weighs little.
- Will use ammo very quickly if the user does not exercise trigger control.
- Only slightly more powerful than the pistol.

ASSAULT RIFLE
Devastating weapon of choice for most MTF squads, offers good versatility at Medium to Long range and packs a punch. Suffers from being quite loud, using hard to find ammo and being heavy to carry.

+ Versatile to use, can attach most attachments to it.
+ Great power per shot, in the right hands it can be effective at downing infected at range.
- Ammo hard to find.
- Heavy to carry.
- Very loud without a silencer.

FLAMETHROWER
Banned by the Geneva conventions, a horrific weapon of war, yet very effective in this situation. Can attack targets at Medium range with reliable accuracy. This is one of the most effective ways to terminate an infected entity, not only will it ensure it is dead but it will destroy all traces of the infection on and near the corpse, allowing unprotected humans to safely approach the body. Can also clear a way through a highly infectious area. Suffers from slowing the user down as well as being heavy, having hard to find ammo and is an infected or bullet hits the fuel tank it may explode killing the operator.

+ Will kill most infected quickly.
+ Removes traces of the infection, allowing for safe movement. Also useful for clearing an area.
+ Effective crowd control weapons.
- Rare ammo.
- Very heavy and slows the user.
- Takes significantly longer to draw a secondary weapon.
- If user is hit in the rear it could detonate the fuel tanks.
- If used in close range it could ignite the user.

I can expand on this later, but for now this seems good. Don't forget that this does not take into account how the actual gun play will work or how the infected will be implemented.

I would assume that the player start off with a Pistol at bare minimum, unless playing on "Dr. Clef" difficulty.

Steelpoint
Steelpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  Lotims Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:38 am

Steelpoint wrote:Long Text of Ideas
On an off note as well: I was about to PM you about that, I set the limit at 90 pixels by 90, so hopefully it should adjust when you re-upload it.

Back to business:
The Breach suit idea overall is a great idea. I think that there should certain types of infected who can be very agile and can easily strike the areas that are open on the breach suit, as A Hideous Beast suggested.
I like the cons of the idea as well

I believe in terms of weapons it would be a good idea to have all of those. But in terms of the way the game will start, I don't think starting out with just a pistol would be a necessary deal... Maybe later on though.
I really like the pros and cons you have come up with towards all the other weapons. Especially the flamethrower Smile

These suggestions are GREAT! It it really good to have people giving a very generous amount of suggestions. The more the merrier

Smile
Lotims
Lotims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BJFowLer Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:26 pm

I myself like the idea of the Breach Suit, The player should start the game wearing the Breach Suit or a light version. Regarding the weapons I think the shotgun should blow large holes in the infected and not just instakill them at close range, maybe needing 2-3 shot from the shotgun to take down a normal infected. Remember we are trying to make these things very
dangerous to fight.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  Empty you need scary pop outs

Post  Hyperiax Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:23 pm

you need scary pop-outs

Hyperiax

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  Empty No

Post  BJFowLer Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:25 pm

I'm trying to keep away from jump scares, i think they're cheap.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A Hideous Beast Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:32 pm

BJFowLer wrote:I'm trying to keep away from jump scares, i think they're cheap.
I HATE jump scares, they stink of laziness and lack of creativity,
A Hideous Beast
A Hideous Beast

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for SCP-610  Empty Agreed

Post  BJFowLer Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:34 pm

Couldn't be better said.
BJFowLer
BJFowLer
Admin